Franklin 3D for Revolution Update

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Aug 10 16:02:12 EDT 2009

Hi Viktoras,

> I can't believe no one noticed your announcement :-). I am
> waiting impatiently for the release. Btw. why Franklin?..

Benjamin Franklin is a curious fellow, instrumental in the American
Revolution and also a cool inventor himself. He is infamous for "inventing"
electricity with the lightning rod, but also invented things like the
franklin stove, bifocals, etc. He was a very strange fellow. He wanted the
national bird of the USA to be the turkey and not the bald eagle.

> Will it work with revlets?

We havent tested it - this is implemented using our own Franklin3D.dll and
also the Irrlicht.dll, so it fits the externals format. But Im not sure if
those are working or not in Revolution. Do you know?

Best,

Lynn