[datagrid] bug? TAB navigation follows INDEX order instead of LINE order

Robert M. rman at free.fr
Sun Aug 9 09:15:20 EDT 2009

Hi , I finally solved the problem so far, but in a trick-diry way, and I
wondered if I was the only one to have experienced this problem.

problem is : on adding a line to the datagrid. The inserted line is IGNORED
by tabulation. And it cannot be hilited (visaully the hiliting just bounces
on it until next line!

In detail : I selectHilite the line before (Line), but add a line from the
next one since it is inserted before (Line+1), the new line gets in position
Line+1 with an index (total lines+1), the former line+1 becomes line+2.
- When I tab from line LINE the tab jumps to line+2.
- I f I keep on tabbing, it goes past the latest line.. and back to the new
line+1
So temporalrily, the normal tabulation follows line numbering is out and the
tabulation follows index..

Solution is : I noticed, that, this behavior would stop and the normal line
to line tabulations work again as soon as the list is reconstructed on the
screen...
So adding a line, then adding a character at the end of line LINE, then
deleting it, and then tab does the trick so far.. tab goes to the new line+1
and tab navigation is restored.

but I suspect it not the most efficient way to walk around.. this bug could
have other consequences.
-- Trevor do you have a clue on what's going on there?
-- have other people moniteroed this? (have looked into forums but saw
nothing of the sort.. )

thanks all
Robert