Print to PDF?

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Fri Aug 7 17:18:34 EDT 2009

Le 7 août 09 à 22:37, Richmond Mathewson a écrit :

> François Chaplais wrote:
>> wouldn't it turn cr & cr & cr & cr into cr & cr ?
>>
>> Le 7 août 09 à 20:54, Peter Brigham MD a écrit :
>>
>>> On Aug 7, 2009, at 8:08 AM, François Chaplais wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Couldn't you do this part faster with
>>>
>>> replace cr & cr with cr in theText
>>>
>>> -- Peter
>>>

> Je ne comprends rien.  Je cherche un plus simple method a exporter
> un PDF.

 From one of you previous posts, I understood that you wanted to turn
the content of a field into PDF. Since PDF is a bit too complicated to
produce from scratch, what I propose is to

a) translate the HTMLtext of the field into a page description
language which
b) can easily produce PDF without writing extra code

LaTeX can do that, it is freeware, it has a large community of users,
and runs on Mac OS X (and 7.x etc..), windows and linux.
You could also output an HTML file and print from a browser, or use
RTF and produce PDF (with applescript, probably, or VB)
(La)TeX is a professional typesetting environment, and has been around
since the early 80's; more info in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeX

You can found a quick and not so dirty output of my routines here
http://cjoint.com/?ihxq4748Qm (a PDF file)
which displays the dictionary entries for the XML library

cheers
	François