[ANN] Stacks published on the Web

capellan capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 11:52:17 EDT 2009

Hi Rick,

Actually, if you have doubts about the security of
running an application inside your web browser,
you should contact the author with specific questions
about the operation of this application.

Look for example this example:

http://capellan2000.000space.com/examen.html

This is a test in spanish created by a friend of mine
(using a template that i give him) for his computer
classes.

He told me that this test is largely unfinished and
needs to correct ortography and the wording
of selection items. I believe that he had to change
his images to reduce the stack size and check in
detail the importance of every question.

But the point, about this exam is that when you
enter the page, it ask for permissions to use the
network and write files to your disk.

Effectively, when you finish this (still incomplete)
exam, the stack ask you to save the results in
your hard disk.

Ideally, the stack should be able to:

1) send the results directly to the teacher's mail
from the stack, just like PHP or Perl scripts do...

2) write output to a file in the server, so
user could download this file from the
webpage...

3) write a record inside a database
running in the server...

4) show the results in a field so user could
copy and paste the results in a text file...

and there should be other options that
i am not aware of... or simply have forget.

Stacks should be able to do their work
without these warning dialogs.

This weekend, i will apply some of these
ideas to the stacks that i posted.
In this way, there will be no warning
when visitors enter the page.

Have a nice weekend!