Enterprises that don't allow "foreign" exe's

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Aug 4 02:11:52 EDT 2009

I have a client who struck a deal to sell his Rev-based product to a
large US govt agency. Problem: the agency's system admin group has set
up the computing environment so his app can't be installed by his
customers. I don't have much technical detail yet about the environment,
but I assume they may use something like Citrix to control their world.

Have you ever had to deal with this kind of thing? Are you aware of any
workarounds? I was thinking maybe my client's product could be converted
to revlets, but then there's the web plugin issue - don't know if such
an installation would be allowed.

TIA for any responses.
--
Phil Davis