Command-line screen recorder for Mac and PC?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Aug 1 12:14:42 EDT 2009

David,

VLC looks interesting, in terms of having Rev gather whatever is
happening on the screen and turning it into a movie. But is it practical
to have the core VLC application (and associated files, whatever they
may be) installed on the users computer, along with a Rev app? The VLC
download is 17 MB, but perhaps that includes many files not needed to
actually run the commands in command-line mode.

Richard