Command-line screen recorder for Mac and PC?

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:43:47 EDT 2009

VLC is cross platform, and (very) controllable via the command line. It has
screen grabbing functionality, which though pretty recent works OK and is
likely to get much better over time. You can even stream the live screen
grabs. I'll be working on this over the coming months for a project in
London - so keep us in touch :)