Decrypt problem

stevex64 stevex64 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 01:06:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have .csv files that I encrypt with one little app that only encrypts. It
appears to encrypt with no problem. The key is hard-coded in the app.

I have another app that needs to decrypt the .csv files. I have the same key
hard-coded into this app. But when it tries to decrypt, it gets this error:

error:0606506D:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal:wrong final block
length

The encrypt code is like this:

 put "a1b2c3d4e5f6" into theKey
   encrypt myRawData using blowfish with (theKey)
   put the result into rslt
   if rslt is not empty then
      beep
      answer error rslt
   else
      put it into mySafeData
   end if

and the decrypt code like this:

put "a1b2c3d4e5f6" into myK
decrypt fld "fldDataT" of grp "backgroundItems" of card startCard using
"blowfish" with (myK)
put the result into rslt
if rslt is not empty then
   beep
   answer error rslt
else
   put it into  fld "fldDataT" of grp "backgroundItems" of card startCard
end if

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve