Dumb Newbie Questions -- 1 of N

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 19:11:41 EDT 2009

I am comparing simple operations on identical 11,000 card stacks in both HC
and rev. I am using a 450 Mhz G4 for HC, OS 9.1, and a 2GHz G5 for rev, OS
10,4.

Not so different, really, and I am giving HC a 6X handicap for the
hardware. Just a guess.

HC runs about 2.5 times faster with simple operations, like putting a
random number in a field on each card. HC sorts about 8X faster. HC finds MUCH
faster, no surprise, especially when noticing if there is nothing to find.

So maybe not so bad, at least with 11,000 cards.

Craig Newman