Re: Closing a splash stack (by script) get « quitted unexpectedly »

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Apr 28 16:09:44 EDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> I have an app. with a splash stack (standalone) which opens a main
> stack and dissolves.
>
> From the stack « mainStk » it is possible to open a substack « subStk
> » of it.
>
> I would like that when the user close the stack « mainstk » both the
> substack « substk » and the splash stack are closed.

<snip>

> This works well if the substack « subStk » is not open
>
> But if it is open then both the main stack « mainStk » and its
> substack « subStk » are closed (as expected), BUT a couple of seconds
> after, the app « splashStk » quits but I get the message (from Mac) :
> the application « splashStk » quitted unexpectedly
>
> Mac Intel OSX 10.5.6 ; Rev 3.5.0
>
> What I am doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice

Andre,

Recently I had a similar problem. Maybe this will help you, even
though it's not exactly the same.

In the stack script of < splashStk > I put:

on closeStack
    if the environment is not "development" then
       quit
    end if
end closeStack

In the stack script of < mainStk > I put (hat tip to Jacque for the
'go home' trick):

on closeStack
    if the environment <> "development" then
       go home
       if not (the short name of this stack contains "[name of splash
stack]") then
          send "closeStack" to this stack
       end if
    end if
end closeStack

It seems like if your < subStk > did not have a closeStack handler, or
passed closeStack, it might solve your problem.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University