Sound file compatibility and Linux

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Apr 27 14:45:20 EDT 2009

Richmond-

Monday, April 27, 2009, 11:28:16 AM, you wrote:

> I didn't know that one could be accurate and ambiguous at the same time :)

Indeed one can. There's nothing innately innaccurate about the
question

"Is the turkey ready to eat yet?"

and yet it's inherently ambiguous.

The words "inflammable", "cleave", and "sanction" are not only
accurate and ambiguous, but are... er... disonyms or something. I
realize the accepted word is "contranym", but I was always taught that
you shouldn't combine Latin and Greek roots. "Television" is another
of those abominations...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net