dotted lines

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Apr 27 10:35:02 EDT 2009

On Apr 26, 2009, at 9:36 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Michel GRANDMOUGIN wrote:
>

>> I don't know how to draw dotted lines with tools.
>

> It seems fairly unpredictable, but you can say "set the dashes to
> 10,5" for example, and in theory lines you draw will be dashed lines
> of 10 pixels on, 5 pixels off. In reality, the dashes you get are
> different depending on the angle you're drawing at. You can also say
> "set the dashes of graphic Line1 to 30", where Line1 would be the name
> of a graphic on the card, and that would give you alternate 30 pixels
> on, 30 off. But if you resize the graphic, the whole effect is ruined.
>
> Read the help on "dashes" to see the other options there are.

Also, note that if the capStyle of the graphic is "round" and the
interval between dashes--the second number of the pair-- is too small,
the dashes will run together and it will look solid, or like a string
of sausages. For nice, square ends on your dash segments, set the
capStyle to "butt".

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University