[OT] where all the databases go...

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Apr 27 10:02:35 EDT 2009

> What does Oracle plan to do with MySQL?
> Oracle: MySQL will be an addition to Oracle's existing suite
> of database products, which already includes Oracle Database
> 11g, TimesTen, Berkeley DB open source database, and the open
> source transactional storage engine, InnoDB.

As you can guess, anyone involved in the database market speculates quite a
bit about moves like this, and why. I don't think the acquisition was really
all about MySQL anyway
(http://www.lynnfredricks.com/2009/04/20/oracle-to-counter-microsoft-by-buyi
ng-sun/). I can't imagine it being killed, but used as a bridge to move as
many customers over to more expensive solutions for the longest time
possible.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President