my programming life (was: Re: Rotating images)

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sat Apr 25 21:01:24 EDT 2009

I hear everything you are saying, and yes there are lots of times when we dont do things because we are not familiar and chang scares us.  But there are also cognative reasons some things are intuitive and some arent.  Xtalk script mimics natural language syntax and grammar.  Natural language grammar is not arbitrary... It reflects cognition.  People who take to ubsurd detail think that everyone does (or could).  But this is not true.  Your history with code allows more familiarity, but it also indicates much about the uniqueness of your brain and what led you down this life path.  An athiest isnt a person who hasnt heard of god.