[OT] Shockwave on Linux

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sat Apr 25 12:47:42 EDT 2009

On Apr 25, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Ian Wood wrote:

> What's really confusing is that swf stands for 'Shockwave Flash',
> and I seem to remember that some simpler Director projects can be
> exported to .swf as well as .dcr.

No, Director can't export to swf. You can run non published Director
files, .DIR, or shockwave published ones, .DCR, using either a
standalone application, or using a browser plugin. To add to the
confusion, Director can import swfs, so you can have the situation
where you're online, playing a Flash game in a browser, even if no
part of Flash is installed on that machine.

Incidentally, Flash, Director, and Unity files all play quite well
inside RevBrowser.