sending HTML mail

Sadhu Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Fri Apr 24 17:11:42 EDT 2009

Andre,

Thank you, I agree with what you say.  I understand.  When time permits
I will study that page, which will take some study.  It's nitty gritty
tech details, a good reference.   I am sure I could figure out what to
do, and do it, given the time.

But let me say again what I am hoping to find, which is the job already
done, so to save that time.

By the way, the audience for the email message is 2 people and I know
exactly what environment they have, so it's not a worry in this
particular application to be sure there is a text part. But I do
appreciate your response.

Here goes:

Context:  Sarah has a cool stack where you type in a mail server, and
recipient a text message and so forth, click a button, and it sends an
email.  Voila!  Thank you Sarah!

Objective:  modify this stack so you can populate the message body field
with HTML instead of plain text, and the stack sends an HTML message.

It sounded like Mikey had done that already, and he was advising someone
else on how to do it.  Has anyone done it?  Can they share?  Maybe it's
just a matter of changing the content type somewhere in her code, or
something like that.  Just HTML is fine, no attachments etc.

Thank you in advance,
Sadhu