sending HTML mail

Sadhu Nadesan sadhu at castandcrew.com
Fri Apr 24 15:16:05 EDT 2009

Sarah, Mikey, or anyone?

Say, I know this question gets asked a lot.  I have been searching the
mailing list, downloading stacks, etc., but haven't found the exact
answer so pardon me for asking it again!  The closest thing was Mikey's
post. (below)

The question is, how to send an HTML email message.  Or rather, a nicely
formatted message. Same thing I guess.   I think the revMail command is
awesome, but, the plain text message body looks kinda ugly for the
message I have in mind, and, although I could write a CGI script and
work out all the plumbing (actually I have done this before, a la
Sivakatirswami), I'd rather find a stack like Sarah's that is already
done and talks directly to the mail server without the CGI piece.  Am I
lazy, well, ,maybe so, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel when it's
been done. Plug and go!  I have enough plumbing to create as it is.

I am pretty hopeful someone has modified Sarah's stack or has something
ready to go that will send HTML mail and can be grafted onto one's rev
app.  Yes??  Are you willing to share, whoever you are?  Fingers
crossed, and, Mahalo!

Sadhu

ps, the post below was good but refers to stuff I didn't find yet, eg,
"as previously suggested' etc.  I can keep looking though.