Getting the name for a Mac Users 'home'

Marc Siskin msiskin at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 24 11:39:58 EDT 2009

Adrian,

If you are referring to the logged on user then the path is always ~/
Library/etc.  If you are referring to all users, then you need to list
the /Users directory which will give you a list of the accounts on the
local machine. You should be able to parse the username from the
listing of that directory.  You will probably need to use a sudo
command if you are trying to install fonts in any other user than the
one currently logged on.

Marc Siskin