lesson to learn CGIs

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Fri Apr 24 01:59:13 EDT 2009

I thought I did everything right but I can't get it to work.
Possibly the problem
is the proper line ending.  The lesson says,

Open any text editor and paste the following script into it. Remember
to set the line endings appropriately for the server's OS.

#!revolution -ui

on startup
   put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr
   put "Hello World!"
end startup

Save the text file as "hello.cgi" and copy it to the cgi folder on
the server. Set its file permissions to 755.

My questions:

1.  Are the line endings done in the script above with & cr & cr or am I
somehow supposed to set them in TextEdit?  I am using Mac OS X so
if I am right the line ending should be Unix which is a line feed.  That
would mean replace & cr & cr with & lf.

2.  When local host is mentioned does that mean mydomain.on-rev.com?

This seems so simple I shouldn't be having problems.  I couldn't get the
cgi echo.mt to work either.

-=>JB<=-