[OT] Opinions about On-Rev

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:53:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > OK, I've had time to sift through all the advise, and again, thanks to
> > everyone for the responses. So now just to confirm I'm not lost, just
> > befuddled;
> >
> > I get one Main domain name and unlimited Sub domains, so if I sign up
> with
> > lan.on-rev.com I can subsequently create kc.lan.on-rev.com and
> > dj.lan.on-rev.com. I just want to confirm that Sub domains are added to
> > the
> > left - seems important when picking a name.
>

> Hi Kay,
>
> Kinda the other way around. You're assigned a single sub domain (
> kay.on-rev.com) and you can get it to work with as many domains as you've
> registered (for now, you need to register domains elsewhere-- aka
> GoDaddy.com).

Thanks Chipp for the reply, but now I'm confused. When on-rev says I can
have Unlimited Subdomains and Unlimited Add On Domains I understood
(probably wrongly) that the Add On refers to those registered elsewhere,
that I can move to on-rev at no charge from on-rev. What then is the
Unlimited Subdomain feature, how do I go about creating the multiple
Subdomains, and particularly what would they look like: kay1.on-rev,
kay2.on-rev, OR something.on-rev, completely.on-rev, different.on-rev??

Trying to get my head around what the pros and cons of Subdomains vs Add On
Domains and how to maximise the usefullness of the Subdomains as it appears
(again I may have this wrong) to be free whilst every Add On will requie the
cost of registration.

Clear as mud ;-|