[OT] Opinions about On-Rev

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 09:43:25 EDT 2009

Just to thank you, Jacque, belatedly - I also have never had to
produce a web site in anger (I don't count uploads of family photos
and the like) and felt just like Joe.

What I suppose this conversation does show is the enormous range of
users (developers) who can and do benefit from Rev - all the way from
hobbyists to very serious commercial developers, with an equal range
of technical requirements. IMO there is no other development
environment, certainly not a cross-platform one, that can meet such a
huge spectrum of needs.

Graham

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:21:01 -0500, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com
 > wrote:

> Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
>
>> I have found this whole subject so far over my head that I'm
>> embarrassed. Can anyone sight some sort of reference that just
>> "might"
>> get me off of my desktop. I am soooo uneducated on this topic. Simply
>> stated, what's this for, why is it needed and what does it let us do
>> that we can do now? There MUST be others who are just as much in
>> the dark.
>
> It's kind of hard to explain if you don't create web pages or have a
> familiarity with how they are written. But in a nutshell, web pages
> written in pure HTML are static.
[followed by a nice long explanation for the uninitiated]