RapidWeaver

chris livermore contact at kipmedia.com
Sun Apr 19 03:48:49 EDT 2009

ditto to Stephen's comment
Drupal is great tool for a variety of purposes, it and Rev are my two
main programs.
Wordpress has a limited scope i.e. blogs

On 19/04/2009, at 2:45 PM, Stephen Cox wrote:

> WordPress is a PHP blogging system. Has a template system for site
> design.
> It's well used and respected. And there are many plug-ins. It's open
> source.
>
> Drupal is a PHP framework. You can create any kind of website with it
> really. It's referred to as a 'CMS' framework because of huge 3rd
> party
> plug-in support. Drupal is used as a backend to everything from
> blogs to
> corporate websites. Drupal is also open source.
>
> If you needed to create a non-blog site then take a look at Drupal.
> Keep in
> mind there are many web frameworks: like ruby on rails. Django
> (python),
> Seaside (Smalltalk), Zope (python), CAKE (PHP)- and many more. You can
> probably find a web framework written in whatever language you want.
> And
> soon, Transcript will probably be added to the list. ;)
>

> On 4/19/09 12:00 AM, "Colin Holgate" <coiin at rcn.com> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 18, 2009, at 11:50 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>>

>>> I might suggest people interested in creating their own websites,
>>> check out
>>> WordPress. Free, very easy to use and installs automatically on your
>>> On-Rev
>>> server account
>>

>> It took a couple of minutes of research to figure out that to install
>> WordPress on on-rev you would use Fantastico. In the Fantastico page
>> it lists WordPress as being a blog, so is it up to be a complete site
>> management? Might Drupal be a better choice?

> --
> Stephen Cox
> Chief geek of NetworkX
> 954.537.2692 or 888.564.5223
> stephen at networkxfla.com

Chris Livermore - Project Manager -
www.kipmedia.com
Mobile 0439 738 435
contact at kipmedia.com
B.Sc., Dip.Biol.Sc., Dip.Prof.Comm (multimedia).
- Scientific/Medical - multimedia education & training
- online databases, websites, cd, dvd, video