on-rev example: 'globals.cgi' conversion

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Apr 18 18:57:00 EDT 2009

François Chaplais wrote:

> I agree with Andre. To the average web user, what is displayed is pretty
> awful, and, even to a person with little rev experience such as me, the
> actual rev script is shorter and simpler to understand than to web
> output. This is not meant to be aggressive towards Phil, but I hope the
> engineers at the mothership will come up with some examples more
> convincing than that. Hey, 499 bucks is the price of a juicy Enterprise
> edition!
> Really, there must be a way to make this good looking, no?

It isn't meant to be a web page, it's just a test page. When we used the
old CGI method, there was an "echo.mt" script that just displayed all
the server variables in the browser window. All web languages have a
similar script.

Phil was showing how he converted the old CGI test script to the new
method. The page information can be used for reference if the web
developer needs to know the server configuration. It isn't meant to be
used on a web site.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com