on-rev example: 'globals.cgi' conversion

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at mines-paristech.fr
Sat Apr 18 16:47:31 EDT 2009

Le 18 avr. 09 à 22:29, François Chaplais a écrit :

> I agree with Andre. To the average web user, what is displayed is
> pretty awful, and, even to a person with little rev experience such
> as me, the actual rev script is shorter and simpler to understand
> than to web output. This is not meant to be aggressive towards Phil,
> but I hope the engineers at the mothership will come up with some
> examples more convincing than that. Hey, 499 bucks is the price of a
> juicy Enterprise edition!
> Really, there must be a way to make this good looking, no?
>
> No hard feelings, really
>
> François

I will try to be more positive on this one. I am currently updating
our lab's website with rapidweaver
http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/
"web" code snippets can be inserted inside Rapidweaver pages, and, if
it does not conflict with the rapidweaver architecture (for instance
if the code produces only text) then the snippet output will be
displayed gracefully within the web output page, within the user
selected graphic theme.
Imagine that I publish a Rapidweaver site with rev snippets inside.
will it "work"?

Customers of realmac's rapidweaver are, IMHO, typically people who
don't want to code in javascript, php, etc.. and concentrate on
content. From my very personal point of view, transcript is just
simple enough not to discourage people from programming, and could
address this category of customers.
And this, I believe, could be a selling point.
Or an empty theory?

Regards,
	François