[OT] Opinions about On-Rev

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 05:29:33 EDT 2009

On 18 Apr 2009, at 02:51, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:

> Thank you for the timely, informative explanation. This does mean
> that on-rev has to be the hosting site for the webpages, however,
> does it not? In other words, a client could not hire one of us to
> create a website that they plan to run on, say, GoDaddy. In that
> case we'd still have to use php or JavaScript for interactive
> features. Correct? I still don't have a really good picture of the
> process since I've done this so few times.

If I've been reading the On-Rev FAQ/examples correctly, no - it would
be possible to embed On-Rev pages within iframes in pages hosted on
other servers.

http://samples.on-rev.com/iframe.irev

I'm not that up to date on iframes, but I think that means that you
couldn't include the Rev code within the HTML on (for instance)
GoDaddy, but you'd be able to include pages from On-Rev 'within' the
pages on GoDaddy.

Ian