AW: AW: AW: How to make an app accessible for all users on Mac?

Phil Jimmieson phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 08:40:58 EDT 2009

Hi Tiemo,
directories have a "d" at the start of their permissions, so that's
ok. Some of the items inside your app folder are directories, and some
are files. It does look like the execute permission for that second
file you mention is missing for all users other than the owner - which
might stop it from running. If you use the chmod command I mentioned
in the previous posting it won't change the "d" bit of the permissions
of directories (the command *adds* permissions - that's what the a+
bit of it is for). As long as you're in the correct folder when you
issue the chmod command (the app's own bundle folder) it ought to be
impossible to damage any other applications or files, and you can
always replace that copy with another unmodified one to get you back
to where you were before...