How to create a UTF-8 XML file with rev?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Apr 17 05:23:16 EDT 2009

Hello,

I can't read/write german Umlaute in a XML file with rev. Trying to write,
they are just ignored, trying to read I get a parsing error "input is no
proper UTF-8"

How can I create a XML file with a special character set, like UTF-8 or
ISO-8859-1? When creating a XML file with revCreateXMLTree() the header
<?xml version="1.0"?> is created by rev and I can't define any character
set, which should create a header like: <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

What am I missing?

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo