On-Rev: We've listened

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 14:41:06 EDT 2009

Hi Kevin et al,

This is simply wonderful news: soon we can build end-to-end desktop-to-server-to-web applications in our beloved language, faster than any other technology stack thanks to its inherent productivity. Well done, indeed!

Just a few questions.

1. The FAQ states:
=====
Can I run legacy Revolution CGI stacks?
Yes, support for this will be enabled within days of launch. (The two engines are not completely compatible.)
=====
Will we be able to create stacks in Rev Studio/Enterprise, upload and use these as libraries via 'start using'? And can they use Rev 3.5 features?
- I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure :-)

2. Along those lines, will we be able to use externals? And for which underlying platform should we build those (Linux, Windows, MacOSX)?

3. Continuing this theme, will we be able to upload and use command-line utilities written in other languages?

4. Is the on-rev module the only one installed, or can we mix, say, php and rev tags in one html file?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Jan Schenkel
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====