On-Rev: We've listened

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Apr 16 12:24:09 EDT 2009

Marian,

> A quick question, Kevin--one that may well demonstrate how much of a
> neophyte I am when it comes to server apps--if so, sorry.  What  happens
> when the server app goes beta or even live?  Will we founding  members
> still be able to use it?  Will use of it depend on renewing  our Rev
> subscription?  Or will it be a totally separate subscription?

Founders get the on-Rev hosting and on-Rev Server Scripting features for
life. They are getting the alpha version now -- which is very usable -- and
of course later pre-release and production versions. They will also have the
chance to be the first in line for the other news stuff we're building.

People with on-Rev in other words will always have the latest and greatest
toys ahead of everyone else. While some components of the on-Rev technology
will be making its way into other editions of our server engine, some things
will only be possible for on-Rev users, because we have complete control
over the entire server environment.

There is nothing to renew and your on-Rev hosting account is totally
separate from your desktop license. You do not need one to use the other.
The one-time $499 "Founders" initiation fee is the only thing you pay...
then you get the hosting service with on-Rev scripting technologies for
life.

- Bill