Controlling PowerPoint From Within Runtime Revolution

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 06:01:45 EDT 2009

Hiya,

Insofar as I know, all PowerPoint installs have the PowerPoint Viewer
included (at least from Office XP/11 onwards). You can call this from
the command line or launch it with the path to the presentation. It's
much lighter than the full PowerPoint and quits out quickly, with no
PowerPoint startup (actually, on first run you need to agree to the
Licence, but once that's done it doesn't pop up again).

Not too sure on the Licencing when it comes to wanting to distribute
it with your app, but it's a free download from the MS site if you
don't happen to have PowerPoint as part of your Office installation.

Command line switches are available, I think '/O' gives you the
option to offer presentations from a defined list.

I think it's 'pptview' (not at a Win PC at the moment) from the
command line.

Cheers,

Luis.