Inheritance and Custom Properties

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:49:41 EDT 2009

Yes - Mark I filed a similar enhancement request - but prefer the use of
"lock messages" to achieve the same effect. It was turned down - mainly I
think because until they started to look at behaviors and actually create
some nested groups they didn't see the relevance.

2009/4/15 Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>

 I filed bz #3295 a bit over three
> years ago suggesting the addition to the language of the "effective"
> whatever.

So I "think" your bz #3295 is "effectively" the same as #3295 RunRev ended
up having to implement the very same thing themselves to get behaviors
working well with nested geometry - unfortunately we cannot yet create
similar behaviors ourselves in any robust way without opening up our script
to the infernal death grip of recursion :(