Password font for Mac

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Apr 14 18:39:54 EDT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 6:11 PM, stephen barncard wrote:

> After fussing with this for a while, I came to this conclusion:
> 1. It's better not to use the font method
> 2. I had forgotten imagesource - it's amazingly useful. Thanks Bill.
> I whipped up a small black gradient ball png (ala scott Rossi) and
> used Bill's script for display. I added a send in time command to my
> routine that loads the entry fields from a set and now the
> characters are always obfuscated. But at this stage they can still
> be cut and pasted.
> 3. so I used Trevor's keydown blocking code, and now it works even
> better that I wanted and it's a 100% rev solution. Thanks guys.

Stephen,

Bill's method is definitely easier to implement and for lots of
scenarios it works great. Be aware though that since the padlock is
being added AFTER rawkeydown there will be slight instant where the
character entered can be seen. You may notice a little flicker on
occasion while typing (I just tested Bill's script and  saw it).

Until rev has a message that is sent AFTER text entry occurs but
BEFORE the text is visible to the user a font will be appear more
polished. But like I said, for many folks the flicker won't really
matter.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore