Serialising arrays

Steve Checkley steve at theworcestersource.com
Mon Apr 13 15:50:39 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm storing data in an application using arrays and I need to save
these out to a file.

I've serialised the data using the arrayEncode function but can't
decode it back again.

The structure of the save file is to place a marker such as
<productList>, add a return character, then the serialised array,
another return character and then a closing marker, </productList> in
this case.

When viewed in a text editor, it looks like:

<productsList>
random characters
more randomeness
</productsList>

Using lineOffSet, I'm finding the first and last lines of the
serialised array. It's when I come to decode the array that it falls
over.

Any pointers? Is this the best way to save arrays to text?

Thanks in advance,

Steve