Data Grids ???

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 15:49:20 EDT 2009

Trevor DeVore wrote:

"You can manually add a 9th column using the Property Inspector (look
in the Columns pane) at which point the 9th item in your other rows
will display."

Not quite that simple, unfortunately:

Added a 9th column as per your suggestion; the additional data was not
displayed - I had to reimport the tab-delimited text file.

This means that when a data set where the first row is not filled across
is imported some of the data is lost . . . doesn't make me feel very
comfy.

Why I am I so picky?

1. Maybe I am authoring a standalone (or stack with runner) for unknown
   end-users who may be importing their own data: I won't know how many
   columns their data will consist if.

2. Why is the number of columns set by row number 1? surely it could,
   just as logically, be set by the row with the largest number of
   columns?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.