Data Grids ???

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 15:27:40 EDT 2009

So, having downloaded a trial of RunRev 3.5 I created a DataGrid and
imported a tab-delimited text file exported from an Appleworks spreadsheet.

And, it is really super!

NOW, cynical person that I am (and I will hedge this by pointing out
that until I watched the excellent instructional video

"data-grid-webinar.wmv" on the RunRev website

it never would have even occurred to me to do this), I imported the same
tab-delimited text file exported from an Appleworks spreadsheet into a
table-field.

Now, the DataGrid looks a lot "sexier" with its alternating coloured lines
and its automatic headers. I am assuming that there is a lot more "under
the hood" to differentiate a DataGrid from a Table-Field . . .

What I found slightly worrying was that my tab-delim text file had 9 columns of data; all 9 were imported into the Table-Field, but for some
unknown reason, only 8 were imported into the DataGrid:

http://mail.maclaunch.com/richmond/rrprobs.html

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.