I'm having behavior problems :)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 12 23:13:24 EDT 2009

Richard-

Sunday, April 12, 2009, 9:35:30 AM, you wrote:

> What is a DataGrid?

I stand corrected indeed. I've been thinking of behaviors as shadow
scripts for individual objects or groups and wasn't thinking about
stack-level component behavior.

> So one of two things is true:

> a) There is a way to known when resolution errors happens, but it isn't
> currently documented.

> b) There is not way to know when resolution errors occur in v3.5.

> Whichever is the case, I hope this gets resolved soon (if you'll pardon
> the pun).  Behaviors are so powerful, but to use them effectively we'll
> need to know when things go wrong.

While I kind of like the idea of a resolutionError message, I'm not
sure what problem this would solve:

on resolutionError
  -- what?
end resolutionError

What if I put a mouseDoubleUp handler in a behavior button instead of
a button - would the resolutionError message be received at runtime
every time the object received a message of any kind? I would prefer
an image that doesn't respond to mouseDoubleUp clicks unless its
behavior object is present to one that gives an error message on
mouseOvers for no apparent reason.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net