I'm having behavior problems :)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 12 11:40:17 EDT 2009

David-

Sunday, April 12, 2009, 5:53:49 AM, you wrote:

> So while it is not a bug - it is bad behavior :)

If I'm reading this correctly, you're setting the behavior of a field
to a button in a stack that you haven't necessarily loaded into
memory. The behavior of an object is just a property of the object and
is stored as a string. Since you haven't loaded the stack with the
behavior target into memory there's nothing to resolve to... what
would you suggest as "better" behavior? Using the long id of the
target would be worse, as it would eliminate the possibility of
portability. It seems that failing gracefully here (not resulting in
an error condition) is indeed the proper behavior.

You're definitely pushing the behavior envelope - I don't think this
was designed to go outside stack limits, or at least not beyond the
mainstack-substack paradigm.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net