Can Rev turn text to speech and record it?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 06:50:24 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Richard Miller <wow at together.net> wrote:

> The focus of this is on taking golf reservations.

Ah, the penny drops, and the memories coming flooding back. Spent most of my
childhood, 5-12, working weekends and school holidays with my Grandpa at a
Golf Pro Shop. Retrieved enough 'discarded or damaged in frustration' clubs
from water hazards and trees that I had my own custom shortened set by the
time I was six. Overdosed by the time I was 12 ;-(

> That information is then written onto a tee sheet. That's how they do their
> business. SMS texting is possible, but again would fall outside of the way
> these folks do business.

Well just had a look at these two:

http://www.senygma.com/GolfCard/Home.html

http://www.smartscorecard.com/oobgolf/iPhone-native-app-main/Welcome_to_the_iPhone_Native_Application_Page_of.html

Seems like the tech savvy younger 'Tiger' generation are taking over. My
prediction is it won't be long before the next 'feature' to your app will be
the ability to, having made the Tee Off reservation at the club, interface
with www.oobgolf.com and register the course,player and Tee Off time.
Players will then enter the Wifi hot-spot at the Pro Shop, log into oobgolf,
select the course, the Tee Off time and have not only theirs, but the other
players handicap details all ready to download as a smartSCORECARD ;-)

Hate for you to sort one problem out and not have another to deal with ;-)))