Can Rev turn text to speech and record it?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Apr 11 09:08:59 EDT 2009

Thanks, Kay. I think this mostly answers the question.

Batch processing isn't an option, though it could help if it was. I
probably should have done a better job at explaining the nature of the
task at the outset. That would have answered the question from Viktoras
as well.

The focus of this is on taking golf reservations. These reservations are
made on-line (and by cell phone) and can be made up to 15 minutes before
a tee time.... hence, the information has to be transmitted immediately
to the course. Many of the courses I am dealing with don't use computers
and/or are not prepared to integrate in an electronic reservation
system. Their business is done either by phone or by golfers who walk in
the door. That information is then written onto a tee sheet. That's how
they do their business. SMS texting is possible, but again would fall
outside of the way these folks do business.

With the telemessage solution, the tee time reservation comes in as a
phone call. A nice feature of telemessage (already built in -- as
opposed to a Skype solution), is that the recipient can replay the
message as often as they wish, giving them plenty of time to write the
information down. Fortunately, I've found the quality of telemessages
text-to-speech calls to be excellent. They appear to be using the latest
technology.

Thanks for everyone's help in sorting this out.

Richard