Can Rev turn text to speech and record it?

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Fri Apr 10 13:51:56 EDT 2009

I'd appreciate any comments regarding the issue of keeping Skype running
in the background (on a MacMini) and periodically (could be several
hundred times per day) using Applescript to generate a wav file, then
directing Skype to call the vendor and play the file. Do you think this
can all happen fairly quietly in the background while Rev is handling
numerous cgi scripts as the server's main task?

Thanks.
Richard