Hide Menubar and TaskBar in Standalone

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Thu Apr 9 21:34:30 EDT 2009

Hi Roger and Scott,

Scott, should I assume that using both taskbar and menubar is
needlessly redundant?

Roger, when I first started messing with this, it was my
understanding that you need to hide taskbar and menubar to work on
both platforms. So, I use these handlers in my stack script.

If be glad to hear of better ways to do this...

on preOpenStack
   if the environment is "development" then
     --- do nothing because I want the menus to be displayed when
editing the stack
   else
     hide menubar -- only Mac - also hides dock
     hide taskbar -- only affects windows
     set the decorations of this stack to empty
     set the backdrop to "black"
   end if
   --the stack will automatically center itself whenever it opens.
   set the rect of this stack to "0,0,768,600" -- Adjust to match the
size of your stack
   set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
   toplevel this stack
end preOpenStack
on closeStack
   show taskbar -- only affects windows