DISAPPEARING graphics in button

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Apr 9 12:11:52 EDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 6:35 PM, stephen barncard wrote:

> I have this problem in a number of my apps.   I have a button with
> an icon
> referenced to an image on another card in the same stack. It's
> grouped with
> other elements, although none cover it. Id of image is renumbered to
> prevent
> conflict, and it's an original graphic.
> Everything works fine in the IDE while working on it. Upon closing and
> re-opening the stack, this image has disappeared until I click on the
> button, then it stays visible until rev is quit. It doesn't appear
> to be a
> layer number related problem. This also happens in its splash screen
> standalone.
>
> Has anyone seen this?

Yes, Stephen, I've seen this too. In my case the referenced image was
in a library stack. I was careful to make sure the image id was
unique, but until I click on the button the image doesn't appear. I
*think* that explicitly assigning the image id to the icon in a
preOpenCard handler reduces the frequency of this problem, but doesn't
eliminate it.

Another detail, possibly important. The button in question is on the
first card of the stack. Other button icons on other cards also
reference images in my library stack, but they seem to appear reliably
all the time.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University