Getting Data Grid props

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Apr 9 00:17:47 EDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:55 PM, Paul Looney wrote:

> Trevor,
> You are keeping late hours.

I've was traveling on the west coast for the last week and a half so
my internal clock is all messed up.

> The reason for my question about the margins is:
> I use a 15 pixel dimension grid for laying out the objects in the
> stacks in my business system. Thus all fields have a line height of
> 15.
> This is smaller than the default data grid, so I have to change
> change the row height to 15 and the margins to 5.
> I was doing the margins with a repeat loop, but, obviously the
> "column margins" is faster. Thank you, again.
>
> It would be nice to be able to set the column margins in the Text
> formatting panel of the Object Inspector - as one does with non-grid
> fields.

Yes, there are still some properties that need to be added to the
property inspector in a future version and some others that need to be
fleshed out more.

For example, setting the color "Header" ('header background color') or
"Header hilite" ('header background hilite color') of a data grid
table in the Property Inspector allows for a single solid color. When
using the API you can actually set those properties to:

a) a solid color
b) two colors, one per line
c) a fillGradient array

(a) is the standard way to set colors on a Rev control. (b) takes the
two colors you pass in and creates a gradient for you automatically so
you don't have to worry about working with the fillGradient property.
(c) is for complete control as it allows you to customize the gradient
displayed in the header using the fillGradient array.

It would be nice to have UI for (b) and (c), or at least for (b). For
now you can just do something like this:

set the dgProps["header background color"] of group "Data Grid" to
"125,125,125" & cr & "240,240,240"

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore