List Magic

George C Brackett gbrackett at luceatlux.com
Wed Apr 8 12:30:48 EDT 2009

I tried changing the "en" tooltip for the header group of a ListMagic
1.1.3 list that only permits filtering (tooltip: "Right-click to start
or stop filtering") and the tooltip appeared as expected while I
stayed on that card.  I made no other change to the list. I saved the
stack.  Then I went to another card and came back to find that the
original tooltip ("A right-click allows many operations") had been
restored.  Is there a way to make the tooltip change permanent?  I
noticed also that the "en" menu text is also restored. (Note: the list
is initially hidden and the list group and field are shown on the
press of a button.  There is no manipulation of the list except hiding
it on openCard, and none at all on closeCard)

George

On Apr 8, 2009, at 6:51 AM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

Hi Warren,

> I was in the process of purchasing List Magic when I found out that
> the
> person responsible for writing it has passed away.
>
> I have a question on the product and was hoping someone that is using
> the
> product would be able to answer. I am trying to change the tool tip on
> my
> headings by going into the properties. Whenever I change them, it
> keeps
> going back to:
>
> 'A right click allows many operations'
>
> Is there anyway to change this?  Hopefully there is someone here that
> has
> used List Magic?  It looks very impressive!
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide!
> Warren

My apologies for being away and not noticing this post sooner.

Yes. To change this tooltip, go to the card where you have installed a
ListMagic widget. You will find a group with the name you called the
list.
This is the header group. Go to custom properties for this group and
select
cSSSTooltips. Then if you want to change the English tooltip, select the
*en* custom property and change it to whatever you would prefer. You
will
also find the cSSSMenus here for the header. To make similar changes
for the
list itself, change the custom properties of the same names for the
field
that has the name you gave the ListMagic widget.

Aloha from Hawaii

Jim Bufalini

subscription preferences: