how to make things happen at specific times

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 09:40:24 EDT 2009

I need to understand how pending messages are stored.

But going back to the stone age, I have several "alarms" running at all,
er, times, and I have always used an "idle" handler to invoke them:

on idle
   if the long time = "4:00:00 pm" then
   wait 100 -- as Sarah says, make sure this only happens once
   send yourMessage to whereEver
end idle

You could embellish this endlessly; case structures come to mind. I have
several library stacks always running with such handlers in them, so it
doesn't matter what working stacks might be open; the message is sent.

Craig Newman