Creating complex graphic objects

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 16:46:34 EDT 2009

David Bovill wrote:

"Try these great experiments:  Stacks and Pieces of Code for Runtime
Revolution by Alejandro Tejada Capellan<http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/>"

Downloaded that and popped it into my Plug-Ins folder.
[Thinking about integrating it as a substack of revTools].

BIG THANK YOU to Alejandro Tejada !

However; having drawn a circle with warts (resembles a Pomelo)
and inserted extra points to give it arrows round its perimeter,

still cannot rotate the thing because it is NOT a regular polygon.

And, its got warts :)

Probably better, for the circle, at least, to draw that with a tidy
FOR . . . LOOP and a couple of sines and cosines: smooth! Then bung in
the points for the arrows.

To be fair to Alejandro, I have just set up a vector circle with
6,248 points which:

is still fairly warty; and took donkey's ages to draw!

Alejandro's circles contain 257 points. As these circles contain
odd blips I wonder how they are calculated.

My script ran like this:

on mouseUp
  put empty into fld "fCIRC"
  put 0 into AA
  repeat until AA> 6.2831852
    put AA + 0.001 into AA
    put (AA * 1000) into AAAA
    put trunc ((100 * cos (AA)) + 150) into XX
    put trunc ((100 * sin (AA)) + 150) into YY
    put XX & "," & YY into line AAAA of fld "fCIRC"
  end repeat
  set the points of grc "gX" to fld "fCIRC"
end mouseUp

where the graphic "gX" (a polygon graphic) was already
present on the card.

If ALL one wants is a circle then a regular oval graphic object is
a much smoother bet. Of course if one wants to insert extra points
for arrows or what-have-you then it is a different matter.

Unfortunately when I copied James Hurley's URL into my browser I got
a 'not found'.

Sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.