Creating complex graphic objects

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 13:40:57 EDT 2009

No joy:

"EPS objects are supported only on Unix systems that support Display PostScript"

although I had a lot of 'fun' with the Terminal and apt-get :(

Come on David; tell us about these:

"I know of experiments importing geometry from apps like Illustrator"

because knocking together the sort of thing you want in a vector
graphics program such as Illustrator or Inkscape

http://www.inkscape.org/ [Its FREE, plug, plug!]

is rather easier than doing it by mucking around with the points
of a native graphic in RunRev.

Personally I would go for a graphic circle with graphic arrows
overlaid on it and grouped.

HOWEVER; you cannot rotate groups :(

At which point I start wondering why a vector graphic is required
when a jolly little PNG. GIF or JPG might do the trick.

Made a vector graphic of 4 arrows (this is where one has to fiddle
around with empty lines between points): overlaying a circle looks
very nice: but, as it is not a REGULAR polygon it will not work with

set the angle of grc "gAA" to 22.5

BLAST!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.