referenced images vs. images?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 1 15:09:15 EDT 2009

Recently, Lars Brehmer wrote:

> However something is wrong. Terribly and strangely wrong. I made a
> folder with all photos, delete all corresponding photos in the stack,
> and reimported them as referenced images. The stack is STILL 550 megs!

Are you actually "importing" the images?  If so, you are embedding the
images in your stack.  Not sure if you've tried this but in the File menu
you use the "New Referenced Control" command to create a referenced image
(alternatively you can choose the submenu All Images In Folder... to import
a folder of images).

I just did a quick test using New Referenced Control >  All Images In
Folder... To import 10 images into a stack.  The total filesize of the
images is 430K, but the resulting stack saves in 2K.

It seems that something else is going on in your stack.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design