referenced images vs. images?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Apr 1 14:44:53 EDT 2009

Thank you for the tip Sarah!

However something is wrong. Terribly and strangely wrong. I made a
folder with all photos, delete all corresponding photos in the stack,
and reimported them as referenced images. The stack is STILL 550 megs!
The standalone contains the following:

12 kb    the stack that is the standalone
36 kb    a second main stack
628 kb  all images in the in the main stack that are the icons and
graphics of the interface
5.8mb   the referenced folder that contains the photos in question
2.3mb   the executable

This adds up to about 8.8 mb. The main stack has 130 cards all with
the same background group, so without the photos, it should be about
700 kb tops, so the standalone shoud be about 9.5 mb. But it is STILL
550 mb! And it takes 8 seconds to launch, either in Rev or as a
standalone. It saves itself when it closes, which also takes 8
seconds. In both cases the beachball shows up.

I opened a copy of the main stack and deleted all cards but one,
including even the card with the 628 kb of icon images. I saved it,
closed Rev and guess what? The stack file is is still 550 mb!!!!!!!!

The build has nothing included at all, no ask/answer, no database
support, no fonts, absolutely nothing!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Lars

by the way, in my original post below, it says 500 megs of images.
that is not even correct (I just lookes at the file size without
thinking.) There are only 5.8 megs of photos, so if I left them in the
main stack, it should still be under 7 mb!