How to create a quicktime movie from a sequence of pictures?

Saults, J Scott SaultsS at missouri.edu
Mon Sep 15 11:59:18 EDT 2008

I use Revolution to do psychology experiments. I have a program to generate sequences of simple stimuli (arrays of colored squares). A colleague who does infant research wants to use these stimuli in an experiment. She presents such sequences on a Mac as quicktime movies. I have modified the program to export each stimulus display as a picture (as a 'snapshot'). Is there a way to export the sequence of pictures as a quicktime movie from Revolution or to easily create a quicktime movie from the sequence of pictures? I think I can use iMovie to make a quicktime movie from pictures, but that seems like it might be rather tedious and clumsy, especially to get the timings like a want. I would appreciate any suggestions about how to do this, using Revolution alone or with externals or using other software.

Thanks!
J Scott Saults, PhD

Research Associate
Department of Psychological Sciences